EXTREMELY RARE COLLECTION OF MEDICAL PAMPHLETS
[MEDICAL PAMPHLETS] 1. Report on the Prevention of Spasmodic Cholera, Submitted to His Excellency the Lord Lieutenant of Ireland, by the General Board of Health in Dublin. Dublin: Printed by George and John Grierson, Printers to the King’s Most Excellent Majesty, 1831. pp. 31. COPAC locates 1 copy only.
2. Two Cases of Scirrhus of the Pancreas, with Observations on the Diagnosis of Affections of that Gland. By. Francis Battersby. Dublin: Hodges and Smith, 1844. pp. 28. No copy on COPAC.
3. On Some Unusual Complications and Sequelae of Measles. By Francis Battersby. Dublin: Hodges and Smith, 1845. pp. 21. COPAC locates 1 copy only.
4. Prospectus of The Institution for the Treatment of the Diseases of Children, No. 9, Pitt-St Off Grafton St. Established in the Year 1822. pp. 3, 105-141, . No copy located on COPAC.
5. Lectures on Physiology & Pathology. By Andrew Ellis, Esq. Dublin: Hodges and Smith, 1827. pp. iv, 44. No copy located on COPAC.
6. Annual Report of the Roscommon County Infirmary, For the Year 1837. Roscommon: Printed at the Roscommon Journal Office. pp. 23, . Inscribed on titlepage ‘ Dr. Battersby / with Dr. Lloyd.’ No copy located on COPAC.
7. Catalogue of the Preparations in the Museum of W. F. Montgomery. pp. 31. COPAC locates 1 copy only.
8. Observations on Demoniacal Possession, Addressed to the Students in the School of Physic in Ireland, At the Commencement of the Medical Session, November, 4th, 1833. By Charles Lendrick. Dublin: Hodges and Smith, 1833. pp. 20. COPAC locates 2 copies only.
9. Remarks upon the Medical Effects of the Chlorides of Lime and Soda. Dublin: Published Hodges and Smith, 1832. pp. iv, 44. pp. 28. COPAC locates the BL copy only.
10. Arrété Du Conseil Royal De L’Instruction Publique, En Date Du e Févbier 1837. Paris: K Hachette, 1837. pp. 18, . No copy located on COPAC.
11. Observations on A New Preparation of Iron, Designated Aqua Chalybeata, Addressed to the Medical Profession. By Bewley and Evans. Dublin: Webb and Chapman, 1843. pp. 16. COPAC locates 3 copies only.
12. Essay on the Chemical Analysis and Medicinal Properties of Soda Water and other Artificial Acidulated Mineral Waters, with some Observations on the Native Mineral Springs of Ireland. By Arthur Clarke. [Dublin] Printed by Ruth Pasley, 1803. pp. iv, , 37. COPAC locates 2 copies only.
13. Syllabus of a Course of Lectures on Medical Jurisprudence, To be Delivered to the School of Medicine, Park-Street, Dublin in the Session of 1839, 1840. By Gabriel Stokes, M.D. Dublin: Hodges and Smith, 1839. pp. 8. No copy located on COPAC.
14. On the Microscopic Pathology of Cancer. By John Houston, M.D. MRIA. Dublin: Medical Press Office, 1844. pp. 15. Signed presentation copy from the author Dr. Francis Battersby. COPAC locates 1 copy only.
15. Anzeige Vorlesungen, Welche Im Winterhalbenjahre 1837 – 1838. Heidelberg, 1840. pp. 23, . No copy located on COPAC.
16. The Cheltenham Waters; Their Nature and Properties; With General Directions for their Use. And Brief Notices of the Diseases in which they are found Beneficial. By A Resident Physician. Cheltenham: Published by H. Davies, 1836. pp. 54. COPAC locates 2 copies only.
17. Beriuch einer allgemein fablichen, … Falten Baffers. Leipzig, 1840. pp. 90. No copy located on COPAC.
18. Theory and Practice of Hydropathy, or the Cold Water Cure … Medical and Non-Medical Men. By Edw. Feldmann. Dublin: Printed for the Author, 1843. pp. 95. With engraved frontispiece. No copy located on COPAC.
19. Modele de la Scie A Molette de Mm. Thomson et Charriere. Paris: Chez Charriere, 1855. pp. 14, . No copy located on COPAC.
20. Notice Sur Les Instrumens De Chirurgie, Modifiés Et Confectionnés. By M. Charriere. Paris: Chez Charriere, 1835. pp. 16, 1 (folding plate). No copy located on COPAC.
All pamphlets bound in green pebbled cloth, title in gilt on spine. €2,250
An extremely rare collection of medical pamphlets mostly by eminent Irish physicians. There are some other medical items not listed of lesser importance. All in very good condition.