GRAVES, Rev. James & PRIM, J.G.A. The History, Architecture, and Antiquities of the Cathedral Church of St. Canice, Kilkenny. With fifty six plates (some coloured) and woodcuts.
€375.00
1 in stock
Dublin: Hodges Smith, 1857. Quarto. pp. xii, 360. Publisher's brown blinded-stamped cloth, title in gilt on spine. Recased. A very good copy. Very scarce.
James Graves and John G. A. Prim were joint hon. secretaries of Kilkenny Archaeological Society. Prim was working in the local newspaper, the Kilkenny Moderator, Graves was curate at St. Patrick’s. They were cousins, their families long rooted in the soil of Kilkenny. It was a marvellous combination of two literary minded young men, bound together by ties of blood and common interest. Together they were to write and publish in 1857 a History of St. Canice’s Cathedral, a book unsurpassed as a study of a building, its architecture, its monuments and the histories of the families interred there. Together for 25 years they were to be hon. secretaries of the Archaeological Society.
[L3 10C]
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
















Reviews
There are no reviews yet.