PLASSEY HOUSE: Manuscript Inventory of Plassey House (Now Home To University Of Limerick).
1 in stock
Furniture, Oil Paintings, Prints, Photographs, Watercolours, Pictures, Ornamental items and Appointments, and Silver, etc. Re W.W. Bailey, Dec’d. Made and taken over nine days, May 1st to 11th, 1911. With sketches of rooms. Quarto volume, full maroon leatherette. 186 pages in a neat forward-slanting hand. Signed by compiler, Walter Cunningham. Detailed inventory. Wear to spine end with partial loss at heel. In fine condition.
Plassey House was first built around 1770 by Thomas Maunsell and was rebuilt in the 1870s in the Italianate style. The Maunsell family were originally from Buckinghamshire. They settled in Co Waterford in the early 16th century and received lands in counties Galway and Limerick in the 17th century. The University of Limerick has its main campus here, and the house now serves as the university’s administrative centre.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.