The portrait of Pearse was taken in 1914 at the famed portrait studios of Rockwell Photo Studio in New York City during a fund raising trip for St. Enda’s. This is a contact print struck from the original negative - the striking image is very sharp. 140 x 100mm. Mounted. In fine condition. On September 8, 1908, Patrick Pearse opened St Enda’s College, Ireland’s first bilingual, lay Catholic school for boys (day and boarding) at Cullenswood House, Dublin. The project was pioneering in its promotion of child-centred education, creativity and personal development, and liberal teaching methods.
Pádraig Pearse went to New York in February 1914 to raise funds for St. Enda’s School (Scoil Éanna), his School where Irish language, history, mythology and culture were taught. He visited John Devoy and the Irish-American lawyer John Quinn.
[A3 Zip Folder Blue Spine]
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.