O’HANLON, V. Rev. John Canon & O’LEARY, Rev. E. History of The Queen’s County. History of the territory from the earliest times till it was made Queen’s County, by Act of Parliament, in 1556 and volume two from 1556 to 1900. With coloured folding maps and illustrations.
€575.00
1 in stock
RARE FIRST EDITION
Two volumes. Dublin: Sealy, 1907. First. pp. (1) xii, 439, [4] (publisher’s list), (2) vi, 373, + corrigenda. Blue cloth, titled in gilt. A very good set. Rare.
John Canon O'Hanlon, one of Ireland's foremost nineteenth-century antiquaries and historians, collaborated with Rev. E. O'Leary to produce this comprehensive history of Queen's County (now County Laois), tracing its story from the earliest recorded settlements through the Tudor plantation period and into the dawn of the twentieth century. Drawing upon a wide range of manuscript, ecclesiastical, genealogical, and local sources, the work remains one of the most important county histories ever published in Ireland. Enhanced by folding coloured maps and numerous illustrations, it is an indispensable reference for the study of Laois history, topography, families, churches, and antiquities. Scarce, particularly as a complete set in the original cloth.
[CAT 164]
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
















Reviews
There are no reviews yet.